Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random Thoughts

I have been thinking about a lot of things recently; like whenever I try to make things happen in life, I inevitably realize that no matter what I do I have no control over the ultimate outcome. I can try and do my best and make things happen, but there are to many outside forces that I can't control. Whenever I let go and realize that what will be, will be, things tend to go a lot better. Eventually, good things will come if you do things with an honest and sincere heart.

I am also glad that I can find wonder in the world. So many people forget that. No matter where you go there is always something that is intriguing and captivating if you just look. There are at least 3 things that I can think of that were inspiring to me this week. I went with Marc to the university library. I got a Spouse Pass so I can check out books. It was amazing to me how many books there were. I felt like a giddy kid in the candy store. One, it is awe inspiring to think of how much time it would take to read all those books. I think I could spend every waking moment in the library and never come close to reading everything there. I wondered how many hours were spent in creating all of those books and then how many hours people have spent reading them. I am sure there are some lonely books waiting to be checked out. If I could have a power it would be the ability to instantly absorb knowledge from a book. Like in Phenomenon......but without the tumor in my brain.

The other thing that was captivating was Hiyao Miyazakis' Ponyo. If you haven't seen a Miyazaki film you should. He has the greatest imagination. It is a gift when people share there talents with the world and I am glad Miyazaki does. I have loved every animation he has created. He brings such a unique and magical perspective to animation. I hate to sound cheesy and I know it is cliche but....he makes such spellbinding masterpieces. I can watch a Miyazaki film over and over and never get bored with it.

Lastly, and I'll keep this short. I am so interested by Chinese characters and how they have evolved. A lot of characters don't just represent a word. They give a peek into the mind, culture and heritage of the Chinese people.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment