Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Responsibility

Did I mention that I love Ving Tsun? Well, I do! I feel like Ving Tsun has all of the right ingredients. When people don't understand those ingredients they can really mess up the recipe. Then people go out and teach a whole ton of people the wrong recipe. The principles still work but without a full understanding the art becomes a shadow of the true potential of Ving Tsun. It is a sad thing to me. I have watched a wide range of Ving Tsun videos online and there are a very few that I have ever been impressed by. Why is this? Maybe the people who have good Ving Tsun, are busy practicing rather than making videos. I am not saying that making a video is bad. If people felt a responsibility to Ving Tsun they might think twice before they posted something. If I was an outsider and didn't practice Ving Tsun I would have a low opinion based off of what is available online.As I have gone along in my training I have realized that I will never be satisfied with where I am at. I will never say I am done because you cannot stop learning. If I ever say this I will be in need of an ass kicking. With that being said if you are learning any martial art and have any respect for it, don't be irresponsible. Be respectful of what you have been given and don't treat it like a party trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment